Αthens No Finish Line, the biggest charity Ultramarathon race will be hosted in Athens between the 25th and the 29th of April 2018 for a 2nd year in a row, under the supervision of the “No Finish Line” International Organization and the aid of both high profile and anonymous donors.
The NO FINISH LINE is a charity race that lasts for 90 hours. All participants can run or walk for charity reasons without any time or mile limitation at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCF). The covered distance by the participants (running or walking), is converted to euros (half a euro per kilometre) and will be donated to the «Together for Children» Association, a union of non-profit NGOs in the field of child welfare.
The Athens race is part of the No Finish Line International program and in 2017 at its first year, 50,903 km from more than 6,202 participants were covered. That set a record among all NO FINISH LINE first year events worldwide. The donation reached 25,451.50 euros.
All participants can walk or run within the circular route of 1,000m at the Cultural Centre of Stavros Niarchos Foundation any time of the day and night they want, for as many times they want, in their own preferred way and pace and for as long as they want. Their goal is to run as many kilometres they can and thus donate the equivalent amount of money.
The second NFL Athens starts on Wednesday, 25th of April at 20:00 and ends after 90 hours on Sunday, 29th of April at 14:00. Everyone, from 1 year old to 101 years old, is more than welcome to participate, irrespective of his age and physical condition!
Together for Children
The «Together for Children» Association founded in Greece in 1996. It is a union of 10 non-profit NGOs that work as equals to offer prosperity to more than 30,000 children on an annual basis, including more than 10,000 direct children beneficiaries on a regular basis.
The Association’s main goal is to offer every form of assistance to children who face poverty, social exclusion, domestic violence, chronic diseases, mental or physical disabilities and the sickness or death of an immediate family member.
The NGO’s that participate in the Association «Together for Children» are the following:
Children’s Home Foundation, Social Work Foundation “Hatzipaterion” – Rehabilitation Centre for Children with Cerebral Palsy, Cerebral Palsy Greece, Friends of Theotokos, “Hara” Centre for Individuals with Special Needs, Panhellenic Juvenile Diabetes Union (P.J.D.U), Friends of the Child, «PNOE» – Friends of Children in Intensive Care, Merimna’s Friends Foundation.
For individual registrations to «NO FINISH LINE» Athens, you could visit the official website nflathens.com until the 14th of April 2018 where you will find the relevant link.
The registrations will be valid only if the deposit of the participation fee is done till the 14th of April. The deposit is possible either by visiting one of our registration-payment centres in Athens, or by a deposit to the bank account mentioned below.
CAUTION! In case of a bank deposit, the participant should bear any transfer charges applied. If this condition is not met by the 13th of April, participation will be cancelled. Also, remember to mention your full name at the deposit, as it is necessary for your registration to be processed.
24 hours Ultramarathon
The 24-hours international Ultramarathon race will be held in parallel to the 90-hours race. It starts on Saturday, April 28, 12:00 and finishes after 24 hours on Sunday, April 28, 12:00.
Any individual up to 18 years old (should have turned 18 until the day of race) can participate at the Ultramarathon race. The deadline for registering and paying the participation fee is Friday, April 14, 2018.
The cost for individuals in the 24-hours Ultramarathon race is 15 euros and it is independent of the 90-hours main race cost.
For Ultramarathon race there will be men and women ranking and the first three winners will receive special prizes.
Anyone wishing to participate and be ranked in the 90-hours and in the 24-hours race, should register and pay the participation fee for both, as he will be receiving different timing-kilometre tracking electronic chips.
In «NO FINISH LINE» the support teams play a principal role. They are a special category with both social and competitive character. (They are a special category with a social character that also promotes competition among companies) Companies, organizations, clubs and schools can create one or more teams for one or more categories of the race.
A minimum of 15 people is required for creating a support team with a brand name and a logo (bib number). Every company, organization or club could create an unlimited number of teams, while at the end of the race the teams with the highest number of kilometres will receive a trophy.
Each school could create one team for primary and one for secondary school, with a minimum of 60 people as a prerequisite.
Registrations of teams will be accepted from the organisers, from 15th of January to 13th of April 2018. The team representative should send a request via e-mail to Mary Tsigkopoulou (firstname.lastname@example.org , 694 518 6470), the person in charge of the support teams.
TEAM CATEGORIES FOR COMPANIES, ORGANIZATIONS, CLUBS
• Category A – from 15 to 29 people
• Category B – 30 to 59 people
• Category C – from 60 to 119 people
• Category D – from 120 people upwards
TEAM CATEGORIES FOR SCHOOL
• Category A – from 60 to 119 people
• Category B – from 120 people upwards
- € 7 per person, for the unlimited access to the 90-hours race, a bib number, an electronic chip, a souvenir t-shirt, a backpack and an electronic certificate of participation.
- Free: The participation for children up to 6 years old is free of cost. They will be entitled to unlimited access to the 90-hours race, a bib number, an electronic chip and an electronic certificate. The souvenir t-shirt can be bought at an extra charge of 3 euros.
- € 3 for children from 7 to 12 years old. They will be entitled to unlimited access to the 90-hours race, a bib number, an electronic chip, a souvenir t-shirt, a backpack and an electronic certificate.
- €15 per person for participating at the International Ultramarathon 24-hour race. You will be entitled to a bib number, an electronic chip, a souvenir medal, a souvenir t-shirt, a backpack, a certificate (hard-copy), a discount voucher for Saucony and access to the designated rest and replenishment area of the race.
- € 45 per person for a full package participation in the competitive 90-hour race. You will be entitled to a bib number, an electronic chip, a souvenir medal, a souvenir t-shirt, a backpack, a discount voucher for Sausony and access to both hot and cold meals and to the designated rest and replenishment area of the race.
- € 15 per person for company teams including the display of their logo in the bib number and special mention at the online NFL social platforms. You will be entitled to a bib number, an electronic chip, a souvenir t-shirt, a backpack, an electronic certificate of participation and a discount voucher for Saucony.
- € 10 per person for sponsors and supporters teams including the display of their logo in the bib number and special mention at the online NFL social platforms. You will be entitled to a bib number, an electronic chip, a souvenir t-shirt, a backpack and a discount voucher for Saucony.
- € 5 per person for sports and cultural club teams if you register until the 12th of February and € 7 if you register from the 13th of February to the 13th of April. You will be entitled to a bib number, an electronic chip, a souvenir t-shirt, a backpack and an electronic certificate of participation.
- € 5 per student from 7 to 18 years old for school teams (primary and secondary school) if you register until the 12th of February and € 7 if you register from the 13th of February to the 13th of April. You will be entitled to a bib number, an electronic chip, a souvenir t-shirt, a backpack and an online certificate of participation.
ALPHA BANK – ΙΒΑΝ:
GR72 0140 7180 7180 0200 2008 269
(Account holder ERMIS 1877)
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION CENTRES
Additionally to the online registration, there are four NFL information centres, where you can register and pay, if open slots are still available. The information centres will operate from the 5th of March to the 21st of April 2018 at the following locations:
• Visitors Centre of the Cultural Centre ISN
• Attica City Link
• Attica The Mall
• Saucony Neo Psychiko
Delivery of the material
The participants will be able to receive the race material from the front desk of the race at Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre from the 22th to the 24th April, 12:00 to 20:00 or during the following 96-hours period April 25, 12:00 till April 29, 12:00.
Be informed that at the end of every attendance at the race, all participants should give back the electronic chip in the designated spot in order to keep track of the kilometres they covered.
Apart from the front desk, automated chip pick-up machines will be available to facilitate the participants who wish to walk or run more than once. Keep in mind that the bid number is necessary to enter the race every time and the code printed on it is required for automatic chip pick-up.
Each person that has completed the registration can participate multiple times throughout the 90-hours race.